HI,
we run 2 z/10 machines. and abot 10 Lpar z/os + Zlinux + z/vm (both Playgrounds)

We use GROUPCAPPING on one z/10 for 3 LPARs that run "old"-Applications like
CICS and DB2. (2 Prod and 1 Test)

The reason for this is the new Pricing policy of IBM. (VLC)

THhs way we can prevent that these 3 LPARs use more than the agreed number of
MSUs and increase our software costs.

THe group is defined with 125 MSUs. (can be used by all 3 LPAR)

We see peaks above the 125 MSU (up to 180), but the 4 Hr Average "normaly" does
not go above the 125MSUs

I played around and set the MAX:MSU (hardcap) for the TEST-Lpar to 80 during
"online" time

Now I am looking for a way to do this LPAR-Changed on the HMC automatically.

Read about AF/REMOTE. Is anybody using this??

Giovanni Santuz
SYSPROG
BG Phoenics
Munich Germany