Thompson, Steve wrote:
I have been asked to help an internal customer with a "dump" problem.

They want to use a SYSABEND  DD to get a dump of a job that they have
using above the bar storage (ATB).

Well, I've looked in a few manuals (INIT & TUNE, DIAG Tools & Srvc, MVS
Diag), and I can't find anything that needs to be set to include ATB
storage in such a dump. Problem is, I don't think SYSABEND processing
was ever set up to handle this because it would cause a line of storage
to be too long for the 121 byte format (if I calculate correctly, it
would take a line out to 130).

So, what manual and what keyword, if any? Anyone know?

[Yes, I am trying to get them to use SYSMDUMP or even an SDUMP macro so
they can use IPCS. Pudding and wall come to mind.]
Use of storage above the bar is one of the triggers for ending the use of formatting at time of error. SNAP/ABDUMP doesn't go there. If problems can be debugged without storage above the bar, keep using SYSABEND. Otherwise, it's time to move to unformatted dumping.

--
Bob Wright - MVS Service Aids