Reduced preemption was introduced with SP3.1. I don't think that I kept the microfiche for SP3.1, but I still have the microfiche for SP4.2 and Reduced Preemption was alive and well in SP4.2.

Possibly you are confusing reduced preemption with the dispatcher redesign that was available with SP5.1 (and is partially described on Linda's next foil).

Don

******
Don Deese, Computer Management Sciences, Inc.
Voice: (804) 776-7109  Fax: (8043) 776-7139
http://www.cpexpert.org
******

At 03:54 PM 9/23/2008, you wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:34:35 -0400, Knutson, Sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Managing Workloads on a Uniprocessor by Linda August 2007
>
>http://regions.cmg.org/regions/ncacmg/downloads/mar082007_session2.pdf

Gee... wasn't reduced preemption with MVS/ESA V5.1 (not MVS/SP 3.1)?

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]