I bet John's beat me to it, but the first thing is to go into option 0
and change yourself to an administrator

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Day
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Some help with SMS

? You can then go into the ISMF application and look at what is defined
in
the
> "ACTIVE" configuration. There is likely not much.

OK, how do I do that?  Below is a cut and paste from the 1st panel when
enter the application.

 Enter Selection or Command ===>

 Select one of the following options and press Enter:

 0  ISMF Profile            - Change ISMF User Profile
 1  Data Set                - Perform Functions Against Data Sets
 2  Volume                  - Perform Functions Against Volumes
 3  Management Class        - Specify Data Set Backup and Migration
Criteria
 4  Data Class              - Specify Data Set Allocation Parameters
 5  Storage Class           - Specify Data Set Performance and
Availability
 9  Aggregate Group         - Specify Data Set Recovery Parameters
 L  List                    - Perform Functions Against Saved ISMF Lists
 R  Removable Media Manager - Perform Functions Against Removable Media
 X  Exit                    - Terminate ISMF

I'm guessing I need to do something from doors numbered 1 - 5.  Correct?