>From where I sit, it looks like an infrastructure similar to that needed
to manage password resets will be needed. That is some number of
fulltime employees (perhaps a help desk) would take requests, issue
certs and somehow step the user through the import process.

Or perhaps a central group could push out certs similar to fixes.

These certs have a life span and will expire in a couple of years. Some
way will be needed to track this and deal with replacing expired certs.

HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Melissa Perry
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Digital Certificate Implementation TN3270

I am looking for the best way to handle digital certificates and TN3270
emulation.  I am in the process of implementing SSL on Telnet.  I have
generated a certauth and a certsign certificate through acf2.  Both of
these
certificates were imported onto a workstation and are functioning as
they
should be.  My concern is, certificates having to be imported to each
workstation that connects to the mainframe.  What is the industry
standard
for implementing certificates for this?

intended
information.