On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Carroll, William wrote:

> I am not very versed in jes2.  I can not seem to find any decent
> information on the subject.  All of the jes2 lines
> Defined in the shop are half-duplex.  I am trying to find some
> information as to which is better, meaning half or
> Full.  I have an ee connection to a disaster site, and they recommend
> full.   Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thank You
>
> Bill Carroll

You might want to post the actual JES2 entries. In general, full duplex is
"better". But, then again, only if both sides want to talk at the same
time. It's kind of like the difference between a telephone and an old
walkie-talkie. With a telephone, both parties can talk and hear at the
same time. With a walkie-talkie, if you have pressed the "talk" button,
you can't hear the other person.  With half-duplex, one side sends some
data, then says "ok, you can send now" and vice versa. They must take
turns on the line.

--
Q: What do theoretical physicists drink beer from?
A: Ein Stein.

Maranatha!
John McKown