I just was sent this:

"We have had two customers report failures while running Large Send
after installing the latest code levels on Driver 67 and 73 OSA Express2
EC streams. Once again this failure causes the OSA to lose
communications with the network interface card which results is the same
messages as we have become used to seeing with previous Large Send
problems. With initial reports of this problem, it is aparent that it is
much easier to hit this problem than the previous The new problem is
reproducible in our lab, a fix has been created and tested. I do not
have a target date for MCL releases to the field at this point."

The following is from the TDR:

TEXT: OSA Express 2 Segmentation offload problem
A new microcode bug was found on Segmentation off-load feature,
using OSA Express 2 1 gigabit card.
This problem is found at our current latest microcode level in
driver 55, 67 and 73.

This TDR overrides TDR H186550.

The problem surfaces as an OSPF Adjacency error after
an  EZZ4310I ERROR: CODE=80100040 REPORTED ON DEVICE
xxxxxxxx. DIAGNOSTIC CODE: 03
We have determined that the cause of this error.
It is improper handling of a four byte or less frame
marked large send by the host.
A fix is currently in test.  This TDR will be updated
with the fix levels, as soon as they are known.

PE recommendation is to disable segmentation off-load feature
until a fix is available.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden