On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:42:12 -0400, IBM Mainframe Discussion List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>John,
>Here is another reason why we z/OS-ers should be thankful for the VM world.
>
>Check out http://www.vm.ibm.com/pubs/cpdacb/index.html?where there is a
whole passel of DSECTs.? You want to look at DEARG, LRARG, LRDA, and CDPFX.?
And don't let IBM know that their VM developers have?public-domained [1]?a
DSECT which I have been unable to get through official channels.

>Bill Fairchild
>
>[1] I just verbed the noun phrase "public domain."

Interesting. However, just to be a pedant, just because something is
generally available at no-cost, does not make it "public domain". Public
domain has a specific legal meaning. You really need to say something like
"generally available to the public" or some such thing.

Having been introduced to FOSS, I'm getting to know more about copyright
that I ever thought that I'd need to know.

--
John