From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Jacobs
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 8:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: HMC Management Best Practices

One of our recurring problems is with the management, i.e. proper use of
the HMC by the operators when they perform their job responsibilities;

1) IPL an lpar with a specific load address/load parm.
2) Change lpar settings, storage, cpu's, weights,...

We have had many instances of wrong lpars being deactivated and then
ipled incorrectly, changes to ipl environments not being applied
correctly...

What are some best practices that you use to prevent these and other
operator errors while performing HMC tasks?

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

intended