We use DASD-only for the system logger.

When/how do the offload datasets get deleted?

We have a CICS region with 17 offload datasets and 16 of them are
migrated.  When I run the IXCMIAPU utility and list the logstream, it
indicates that only .A0000000 may be orphaned??  These offload datasets
GMT dates go back to 2002!

Then, we have other CICS regions where the offload datasets appear to be
.A0014641 - .A0014644.  This particular region has no migrated datasets
for this particular logstream.

I'm confused as to when/why the offload datasets get deleted and
when/why does the sequential numbering "start over".

It's not only CICS where I am seeing this type of stuff.  RRS also has
offload datasets that are migrated and have not been used for over 3
years (and they are the .A0000000 datasets!).

Any help would be appreciated.  If I've missed this in the manuals, I
apologize.

Anne D. Crabtree

System Programmer

WV Office of Technology