On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 21:05:11 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>Does anyone know if there is a way to automate changing the weight
distribution in the HMC?  I have never heard of such a thing, but thought I'd
>ask anyway.
>
>I'm not sure what you mean.
>But, IRD/WLM can manage it based on CEC usage & goals, within LPARs in the
>same processor.

IIRC, only if the z/OS systems are in the same SYSPLEX. It will not adjust
weights if the LPARs in question are running some other OS, such as z/VM, or
if the z/OS systems in question are in different sysplex'es. WLM uses XCF to
know which LPARs are "behind" in service compared to other LPARs.

--
John