Jim, in our shop we had to evaluate each issue on its own merit. In most cases, the impact of the problem was such that we could wait for the "official" fix, a PTF. In a very few cases, we applied the APAR-suggested fix. In situations where the problem was marked HIPER, we deliberately tried to re-create the problem in the sandbox to determine what, if any, impact it had on us. Bottom line: each one has to be evaluated separately for your particular situation. Sorry to be ambiguous, but that's the only advice I can offer. Every shop is unique, YMMV.

Rick

Lou, Jim wrote:

Hello,

I have been working with IBM on a problem involving

1.  OMEGAMON XE on z/OS 4.1 exit invoked by
2.  ICSF invoked by
3.  LDAP using SSL/TLS with RACF.

IBM has determined that the exit is in error and is writing up an APAR.

Question: What is the policy of shops in regards to putting on APAR
versus waiting for PTF?