From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 2:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Weird SDSF thought.

In my usually weird thought mode, I was wondering about something. We're on
z/OS 1.8, and so this thought may not apply to later releases. Anyway, there
are three display drivers for SDSF that I can see: ISFBDSP - Batch; ISFS4DSP
- ISPF; ISFTDSP - native TSO. What occurred to me was yet another driver:
ISFUDSP - that would be a user replaceable driver with an API of some sort
(or parm list) so that a user could design their own input/output driver.
What really occurred to me was a driver which accepted XML input and
produced XML output. This would connect to anything which understood XML.
This would be a way for a GUI on a desktop to connect to an "SDSF server" on
the mainframe. Or an easier way to run SDSF as a CGI using the HTTP server
included with z/OS.

Just a weird thought.

--
John