Under ISPF,  edit your REXX using ISPF Picture Strings.  Issue the command
on the command line:    F P'.'

If there is a hex character the upper Right Hand corner of your ISPF Edit
session should tell you what the character is.  The Cursor should be on the
section of your code with the hex data in it.

You can change the hex data to a blank with the command:   C P'.' ' '

Lizette