Hi I replied yesterday on the Google group forum for IBMMAIN but saw no
posting when reading the Listserv postings today

What I have to say is if the VSAM is definitely uncataloged then the following
will work

) Run an IEHLIST LISTVTOC of the volume on which the VSAm DS resides
2) Check that the entry for the DSname is in the VTOC and that offset
X'52'
  in the Format-1 DSCB is equal to '14'
3) Run AMAZPZAP to zap the "14" to "10" for the name entry
4) Run IEHPROGM to SCRATCH the Dataset. IEHPROGM now thinks it is a
Sequential DS

Regards