Shmuel Metz , Seymour J. wrote:
In
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 09/24/2008
   at 11:22 PM, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

More to the point, century year that is not a mod 400 year is not a leap
year.

Not quite, but the adjustment won't be in my lifetime.

Well, actually, quite. The 4/100/400 year rule started by Pope Gregory is the only rule adopted by any country using the Gregorian calendar, so that is the current definition of "leap year". That at the current movement of the Earth an additional correction may be needed by around 3200 can be demonstrated, but no attempt to revise existing standards has been taken (and probably won't be until 3195 :) ). Heck, by then we may have either managed to wipe out civilization, altered the speed of the Earth, or changed to some other system of measuring time, so no hurry.

--
Joel C. Ewing, Fort Smith, AR        [EMAIL PROTECTED]