I use the x3270 emulator, normally as a mod3 but have used it as a mod4 and
with custom screensize. I can be configured as a 3279 and you can still
change the colors after that. There is a BRIGHT color setup and a REVERSE
setup that I use regulaly.

There was a packaging (from State of Alaska or University of Alaska) of
x3270 with the minimum CYGWIN stuff to run under windows. I was also
compiled with OpenSSL so that you can communicate with an SSL/TLS protected
mainframe.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:23:25 +0000, Linda Mooney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>That's okay, not to worry.  I was looking for a free 3270 emulator, just
hadn't posted yet. You anticipate my query.   :-)  Might be best to keep
those Friday glasses...

>So, have you used this one?  Did it work for you?  I'm looking for mod4
screen support, maybe better - would love mod4 depth at 133 cols wide with
3279 type color.