We've finally received all the clearances necessary, and the system
images for build 95 of OpenSolaris for System z are finally available
for download from http://distribution.sinenomine.net/opensolaris.

3 packaging choices are available: VMARC, AWSTAPE and a DVD image.  All
three are identical code, and can be used with the installation
instructions available in the package and on the www page mentioned
above. Docs are provided in the VMARC files in plain text, PDF and
Bookmaster/READ format.

You need a z/VM 5.3 or 5.4 system with VM64466 applied, and you must be
running on a z9 BC, EC, or z10 to use these images. They will *NOT* run
in an LPAR or on any form of 9672, z800, z890, z900, or z990.

Support and education are available - please contact me offlist for more
details.

It's been two years in the making, but we're pretty proud of it. Please
send questions, comments or bug reports to the OpenSolaris for System z
discussion list at [EMAIL PROTECTED] We encourage anyone working
with this code to subscribe (by sending mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the words SUBSCRIBE SOL-390 firstname lastname in the body of the
message) and help us make OpenSolaris even better.

Happy downloading,

-- db

David Boyes

Sine Nomine Associates