Andy

When you don't know where to start, a good place to start by default is the
IBM redbooks. Enter "LDAP" as a search word on

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/

and see what takes your fancy. "Understanding LDAP - Design and
Implementation" jumps out but there are plenty of other "hits" - an amazing
150!

>From time to time I work with a customer who accesses an LDAP server from
some WebSphere applications so what you want to do is certainly done.

Chris Mason