On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:40:03 -0500, Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:16:39 -0500, Sally Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
>>Please can someone tell me if SYSOUT=A is always the default class for
>>SYSOUT in JES2, or if this is something that can be changed somewhere.  Also
>>if it can be set, which parameter it is.  I have tried looking in the JES2 and
>>MVS manuals but haven't been able to find the answer.
>>
>>We generally use the SYSOUT parameter on the DD statement to select the
>>required output class, so it isn't usually an issue.  However, we have some
>>output from one of the CA ASM2 started tasks that goes to SYSOUT class A,
>>which is the class we use to actually print jobs so is defined in our JES
parms
>>with OUTDISP=(WRITE,WRITE).  We don't want this particular output to print,
>>but there doesn't appear to be any way to change the SYSOUT class for it -
>>according to CA, ASM2 does not ask for a specific output class so they say it
>>must be the operating system default, but can't tell me what I may be able to
>>change to stop it printing.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Sally
>>

>The default comes from the MSGCLASS.   To see what your STC MSGCLASS
>is set at use this command:
>
>$DJOBCLASS(STC)
>
>    or for more recent JES2 versions you will need
>
>$DJOBCLASS(STC),LONG
>
>You can change with with an operator command or cold start.  I assume
>you don't want to do a cold start. :-)    Update your JES2 parms so
>they match (perhaps you do cold start at DR?).
>
>$TJOBCLASS(STC),MSGCLASS=X
>
>Mark
>--

I forgot to add:   If you don't want to change MSGCLASS globally
for all STCs, you can set this up as a started job (a JOBCARD for an STC)
if you have started jobs implemented and just have the MSGCLASS you
want in that job card.   We do this for STCs we want to go to our
msgclass archival software (CICS for example).  I also do it to change
some STCs to go to our "bit bucket" class which is "Z".
Example STC JOBCARD for INIT:

//INIT     JOB 'INIT',MSGLEVEL=(0,0),MSGCLASS=Z
//INIT     EXEC PROC=INIT

Still another option is to just start the task with the  MSGCLASS you desire.
Example:

S ASM2TASK,MSGCLASS=X

Mark
--