From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Rich Smrcina
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Virtual

Chase, John wrote:

> Does VMWare run on "bare metal" yet?

Well, I guess that depends upon your definition of 'bare metal'. (What is
'is'?)

For a very long time VMWare would install a modified pretty barebones RH
Linux and
VMWare on top of that.  From there you could create/install virtual
machines.  That is
their VMWare ESX product.  Now they have a free version of it called VMware
ESXi.

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009