and from long ago and far away

To: wheeler
Date: 05/19/82  10:33:28

Lynn,
  The Endicott Prog Center has a proposal to support a collection of VM
systems with Single System Image and Continuous Availability for CMS and
VM Subsystem users.  The proposal is called VMC, for VM Clusters.

  XXXX, SPD High Availability Systems Project Office Manager, and I will
be in San Jose on 6/8/82 to (among other things) present VMC to
Research. YYYY is hosting the meeting.  I hope you can attend.  If not
I'd like to make other arrangements to show you this proposal.

... snip ...

for other drift ... later in the decade, my wife & I started on the
ha/cmp (high-availability/cluster multiprocessor) product ... but
rs/6000 based ...
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subtopic.html#hacmp
some old email on ha/cmp cluster scaleup
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/lhwemail.html#medusa

old post with mention of effort
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/95.html#13

--
40+yrs virtualization experience (since Jan68), online at home since Mar70