We use a program from the CBT tape for this very thing.

Todd's original need has been satisfied for the moment, as he didn't
need to synchronize commands within a job stream.  Even so, I prefer to
use the program, as differing security parameters at our installation
mean the IEFBR14 method works on the development system but not in
production.

I can't remember exactly which file had the program we use, but I know
it was one from CBT.

Jon

<snip>
I am sure there is something on the CBT tape.
Search http://cbttape.org for command and batch
</snip>