Bob wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Are there SITE commands needed (I am in binary mode)... when I try to FTP to a new HFS I get ftp> bin
200 Representation type is Image
ftp> put java.pax.z 'ttsmv14.java.hfs'
200 Port request OK.
550 TTSMV14.JAVA.HFS is a partitioned data set and no member was specified on th
e STOR command.
ftp> put java.pax.z 'ttsmv14.java.hfs(sdk)'
200 Port request OK.
125 Storing data set TTSMV14.JAVA.HFS(SDK)
Netout :Software caused connection abort
550 Open of TTSMV14.JAVA.HFS(SDK) failed.
ftp: 65535 bytes sent in 0.09Seconds 704.68Kbytes/sec.
ftp>

You keep wanting to use a SITE command. It is not
necessary. Do not put the file into a PDS, put it
into an HFS directory. Look at the sample I sent:
you should first cd to your target directory, then
the 'put' should just name the source file. By the
way, it is case sensitive. Earlier you said the file
name was java.PAX.Z but in your example you entered
it as java.pax.z

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==