On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:30:28 -0400, Dave Salt wrote:

>If you have SimpList on your mainframe you can select (on the mainframe) the
>PC directory containing the JCL files you want to transfer. For example, if
>your JCL members have '.TXT' extensions you could enter the directory name
>like this:
>
>C:\My directory\JCL files\*.TXT
>
>This will display (on the mainframe) a list of all the files in the PC
>directory that have the .TXT extension.

Interesting.  Doesn't this presume an FTP server running on the PC?
I understand those are fairly rare on Windows systems.

>SimpList(tm) - try it; you'll get it!
>http://www.mackinney.com/products/SIM/simplist.htm
>
>> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:15:48 -0400
>> From: RifkindH
>>
>> I have a whole bunch of JCL files on my PC and would like to get them over
>> to a library in my user id in z/OS.
>>
>> I could do this one member at a time but it would take forever.
>>
>> Any suggestions how to do all the members in one fell swoop would be
>> appreciated.

Zip them on the PC; unzip on z/OS.  This presumes a compatible archive
format -- either pax on the PC or zip on z/OS, for example.  Both
available, but not necessarily in base systems.

-- gil