Try looking at WLM scheduling environments.
------Original Message------
From: Lizette Koehler
Sender: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
ReplyTo: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Sent: Oct 31, 2008 13:56
Subject: Best way to force jobs to a specific LPAR

I am looking for a good (and easy) way of ensuring that certain programs only
run on a specific LPAR.  We are very vanilla z/OS V1.9.

I was thinking of either creating a stub module that is the name of the program
and then testing to see if it is submitted with /*JOBPARM or creating a TSO
Submit exit and Converter exit to add the /*JOBPARM if it is a specific program
name.

Are there any better and easier to maintain options for this request?

So if JOBA is submitted (either via a scheduler product or TSO) and the
PGM=PROGA then I want to ensure that the job only runs on LPARA.

Lizette

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!