On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 18:12:33 -0400, Bob Shannon
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>You can force it down
>
>No. Do this first:
>
>1. FORCE ARM
>2. CANCEL
>3. If it still isn't down now do the FORCE

Doing the C via SDSF issues a JES cancel.  What happens if you use
an MVS cancel?

In fact the description of
$HASP003 RC=(89),S(7237)  - JOB CANNOT BE CANCELLED
implies that the plain old MVS Cancel might work.

I don't at all understand the RC=(52) messages, but I'm not
supposed to.  This is not my field.

And since SDSF was mentioned, did you know that giving the STC
a Z command gives the STC a FORCE?  That scares the begeebers
out of me.  Is FORCE now considered safe enough to be done that
easily?

It looks like that is available only for STCs (and I have not been
brave enough to try it) so that may not matter in this case.  A lot
of shops run CICS as jobs rather than STCs.

Pat O'Keefe