Hi,

For the archives we have now also converted two Sysplex to use MSGBASED
processing for CFRM without incident. We just did this on our production
Sysplex this morning.

D XCF,STR
EVENT MANAGEMENT: MESSAGE-BASED       MANAGER SYSTEM NAME:  DSYS

In IBM tests using MSGBASED instead of POLICY based rebuild times improved
roughly 50%, and duplex failover time improved roughly 90% vs the old policy
based processing. We just deployed this into a larger Sysplex today so we don't
yet have a sense on what we will see here.  The intent was to improve the
elapsed recovery time when handling things like CF Failure, or removal of
system from Sysplex, or rebuilding structures. For those sort of cases, there
was much contention on the CFRM policy record in the CDS. MsgBased eliminates
much of the contention; hence elapsed times improve for these failure cases.
The more structures you have and/or the more systems in the Sysplex, the more
likely it is that the improvements will be noticed.
*Above paragraph mostly taken from comments by Mark Brooks (IBM) so anything
useful in that description was from Mark anything stated incorrectly was lost
in translation by me.

Thanks Doug Henry, Mark Brooks, others who provided useful feedback and advice!

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                System z Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."

This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.