On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:25:22 -0500, Lizette Koehler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have been racking my brain trying to remember how to do this (again).
>
>I have a series of replicated devices that should be offline at IPL.  If
they are not, then I get IEA213A DUPLICATE VOLUME which really annoys
operations.

>In the IODEF they are defined as online.  In my COMMNDxx they are defined
as offline.

>I know that the message IEA213A is probably during NIP processing.  So how
to I ensure that NIP does not try to bring these devices online?  My memory
on this one is just swiss cheese.

>Lizette

The only way that I know of to stop NIP from doing as you are seeing it do
is to generate the IO addresses as OFFLINE in the IODF. NIP loads the IODF
and looks at ever device which is defined as ONLINE. If you have more than
one with a given volser, then you get the IEA213A message. No way around
that other than the IODF change.

--
John