On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:44:21 -0600, Hal Merritt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
>The sad truth is that programmers are quick to blame a new compiler for
>their bugs. And the political issues can get ugly quick.

Too true. I remember, vaguely, years ago when IBM closed up a hole in the
OS/VS COBOL 2.4 compiler. Something about a redefines. Well, some
programmers had done exactly what the LRM said __NOT__ to do. The PTF caused
the compiler to issue an error message on the next compile. They went
ballistic with the usual "it always worked in the past!!" excuse.

<snip>

--
John