On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 07:08:16 -0800, John Dawes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hallo To All,
>
>My question is about the VATLIST.  I am not sure if I am using the proper
terminology.  This member is found in SYS1.PARMLIB and is scanned by the
system to verify the disk status after an IPL is performed.  What I would
like to know what the fields represent.  I have fair idea but I would like
a confirmation.  I GOOGLED for VATLIST but the search gave me results that
I am not looking for.

Did you try looking at an IBM manual?

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/bkserv/

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2E290/73.0?SHELF=IEA2BK90&DT=20080618072559