Those of us who live SoCal understand that fire quickly loses all sense of
culture, either highbrow or lowbrow. The Santa Barbara/Montecito firestorm
was born of a whoop-it-up party bonfire that the celebrating 'kids' were
certain had been extinguished before they departed the day before. Oops and
double oops.

More to the point, anyone with a spark of interest in Robert Rannie's NIU
curriculum has a bargain in store. Robert is conducting a fast-paced,
compressed version of his  Mainframe OS Boot Camp at SHARE in Austin. A
fraction of the university dollar and time commitment will buy a healthy
chunk of mainframe expertise in Austin. Learn good stuff and frolic with a
slew of your soul siblings in Lone Star country at the crack of March. No
fire, and--Zos willing--no ice this time.

Y'all come.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             John McKown
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Interesting CS Course Syllabus

             11/20/2008 08:15
             PM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Kirk Wolf wrote:

> If you follow the link on this page to Dr. Rannie's home page, you can
see
> that his other interests are primitive fire building.   Coincidence? :-)

Hum, what is the difference between a primitive fire and a sophisticated
fire? <grin> Oh, building a fire using primitive techniques. Like using
HLASM to write a program. <GRIN> I'm up waaaayyyy too late.

--
Q: What do theoretical physicists drink beer from?
A: Ein Stein.

Maranatha!
John McKow