From: Lizette Koehler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: z/OS upgrade
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 3:38 PM

You might want to download Marna's 3 part share presentation on z/OS V1.10.
It will have lots of good information on going from different releases to 1..10
as well as what you need to look out for.

If you cannot download it let me know.

I have found that putting on all the compatibility maint for your relase along
with reading the PSP bucket issues saves a lot of heartache.

Lizette

>Hello,
>
>Thanks to everyone in advance for your help.
>
>We are running z/OS 1.8 and considering upgrading to z/OS 1.10 by skipping
z/OS 1.9 and I have a few questions for the group.

>1. Are many people going from 1.8 to 1.10 skipping 1.9?
>
>2. If so, are you finding there are problems skipping 1.9 you wouldn't
have had if you went from 1.8 to 1.9 to 1.10?

>3. For those who upgraded from 1.8 to 1.9 did you have many problems?
>
>Any information at all concerning upgrading from 1.8 to either 1.9 or 1.10
would be beneficial so don't hesitate to respond with any comments.