Paul Gilmartin wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:56:01 -0400, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
> Interesting:
> o With Peter DiCamillo's X 3270 and a nonstandard screen size
> o I make a tn3270 connection to VM
> o From there a VTAM connection to z/OS
> o I start SDSF from the TSO READY prompt
> o Line commands are ignored.
> o I exit with PF3 and start SDSF under ISPF.  Line commands work.
> -- gil

Hmmm, sounds like your screen had more than 4096 locations.

If it did, all inbound buffer addresses are in the 14-bit format.

SDSF probably only handles 12-bit addressing, both in and out,
but if the entire screen is repainted consecutively then the only
output buffer address you need is location zero.

The input parsing could probably be fixed with two extra
instructions (a TM followed by a BNO or JNO to skip the 12-bit
decoding acrobatics).

Under ISPF, ISPF handles all the 3270 dependencies for apps
such as SDSF.

Cheers,
Greg