-- snip --
>Are you now saying that you want to use the same set of target volumes for
>Z\os AND Z\VM source volumes?

Yes, and z/VM guest volumes as well.

I could potentially bring up a z/OS guest under z/VM and want to share the
DASD with other z/OS systems. Although that is not our current intent, it
should absolutely be supported.

More importantly, our tape management system is fully evolved to run under
z/OS only. How would I back up DASD used by any z/VM system if I cannot
share it?

So, if you want to drift back to the original question, why doesn't z/OS
DFSMS support PPRC volumes when the volumes are online to z/VM?
-- snip --

As mentioned over on IBMVM, and included here for completeness, the post
said "Offline_at_IPL" or "Not_Accepted".  That doesn't mean "not supported",
but is a way to keep the secondary volumes offline.

-- snip --

And this is the crux of the matter. PPRC requires that the Target Devices be
offline. It isn't a matter of DFSMS not supporting Volumes being online to VM.
If the Target Devices are online (to any system), the resync will not work.

(Would you really want your Target devices online somewhere and possibly being
modified?)

Regards

John

John Ticic
IntelliMagic  -  Storage Intelligence
Perzikweg 13a, 2321 DG Leiden, The Netherlands
www.intellimagic.net