On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, Tommy Tsui wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking a program which can read all user catalog information
> from master catalog....anyone have an idea?
> I am written a tape managment system which will find all tape
> information from user catalog.
> any help will be appreciated..
> best regards

I'm not sure exactly what you want, but you can read the information in
any catalog using the IGGCSI00 interface. There are examples in
SYS1.SAMPLIB. I consider the API to be rather "difficult", but many have
used it. I guess the first step would be to look in the master catalog for
all user catalogs. Then look in all user catalogs for all datasets or
maybe just NONVSAM type datasets.

Probably won't get many more replies until Monday. Most US residents have
a long weekend this week. Only a few fools like me around <grin>. And I'm
at home.

--
Q: What do theoretical physicists drink beer from?
A: Ein Stein.

Maranatha!
John McKown