Hi.

 I want to thank all those who helped me understand this concept

from my understanding the main pourpose in the Select API is to inform the main
Task

That there are one or more I/O requests pending

At that point the main task should take this number which is typicall returned
in the
retocde field load into a BCT register (I guess my native tounge is Assembler)

and loop processing all the request(s)

 The First function in the loop is to do a Accept the output of this which is
socket
address sturcture will make it clear which Client is ready to either read or
Write

 Then the main Task does a GiveSocket

 Post the appropriate Subtask

 Seems like one of diffrence between IBM implementation of SOCKETS and Lets say
Windows is
that in Windows the Select api is an array of sockets

 While IBM it is a bitstring

 In Addtiion Windows Does doesn't have the Give/take/Socket api