John -

If you have not installed the PTF that provides the function, I don't know how
it could be working.  Are you running z/OS 1.10...?  I'm guessing that the
function is built into the base code at that level since there's no PTF for
1.10.

But if you are asking how you can see the ARC* address spaces by using an
MVS command and not in SDSF... that's different.  We are a JES3 shop and
we use EJES, so YMMV, but since these address spaces are created
dynamcically (ASCRE, I think), they will only appear in the ACtivity (DA) panel
as ARC*.  In the EJES STatus panel (not sure of the equivalent SDSF
command), they will appear as IEESYSAS with a STEP name of ARC*.

We have been running with that function active for quite a while now and it
does work, as long as with ALL maintenance applied as well as some APAR
code (!), but it does still have problems, including a serious storage leak
that
is currently under investigation.

Larre Shiller
US Social Security Administration