On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:51:33 -0500, William Bishop
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>...  automation to escalate a P TCAS to a FORCE TCAS ...

Whoo boy!  I would NEVER want to see automation of a FORCE
(other than maybe a FORCE ARM.  Maybe.).

Ok.  I'm way out of my area of expertise, but paranoia often drives
my nose where it doesn't belong.  This is definitely one of those
times.   Even a mindless (i.e., automated) CANCEL can have
unintended consequences., even if it cleans up everything the
operating system cares about.

Even if a FORCE had been safe for TCSA (which apparently was
not the case), automation tends to serve as a model for more
automation.  It would just be a matter of time before helpful
automation administrator would pick FORCE for shutting down
some other stubborn address space.  <shudder>

Pat O'Keefe