On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:02:43 -0500, Jesse E Tilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The CICSPlex SM tool comes with a REXX function package; installation
>documentation can be found online.
>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cicsts/v3r2/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.cics.ts.installation.doc/topics/dfha1ay.html
>
>A few colleagues and I have pored over this and can't decide if adding the
>library module to the system linklist is enough (as stated in the middle
>of the doc) or if we also need to add the function package to the package
>table.

You should be able to simply follow that documentation, UNLESS your system
already has an IRXFLOC module installed.  The existing package tables allow
for an IRXFLOC function package, which is what that tool provides.

If they already have an IRXFLOC installed then you'll need to create a
package table, as documented in the TSO/E REXX Reference.

> The idea is to have a REXX program be able to run the CICS REXX
>API. No batch. No CLIST. No TSO. In fact, the REXX script is being run
>from OMVS/USS. Thoughts? If we need to update the function package, I'd
>like suggestions on how to do this. The TSO/E Rexx Documentation is
>excellent at describing how the table should be updated...but isn't as
>clear as to where this table actually lives...or if updating it is simply
>editing a file or editing a file and running some commands. Again, any
>thoughts would be appreciated.

The documentation that you referenced above is clear about where you need to
put the function package they supplied.  If you need a function package
table it basically goes in the same place: usually the linklist, but a
JOBLIB/STEPLIB could be used, or LPA.  After creating the function package
table you would assemble it and linkedit it into the appropriate library.

Note that for use in a UNIX shell environment you'll probably need to set
the STEPLIB environment variable if you're using the STEPLIB approach.  If
you were using batch or TSO/E you'd need a STEPLIB or JOBLIB in the JCL or
logon proc.

--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP
  IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design