Usercatalog CATINDEX not cataloged.

Was wondering if anyone can assist me or guide me to some documentation
regarding usercatalog CATINDEX, we have a few usercatalog where the index
is not cataloged. the CATINDEX volume is currently on the same volume as the
usercat. We don't have any issues with datasets under that usercatalog, we
can still create, delete etc. I ran a diagnose against the usercatalog and
there
were no errors.

When I do a list cat on the catalog it only shows me the aliases, it does not
show me the catalog attributes, which is what I was looking for and believe
that the CATINDEX is where the catalog attribute is found.

Is there a way to re-catalog the CATINDEX back to it's own catalog?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ann