That's true for all of us, not just IBM, but I'm going to find it
difficult to talk in mebibytes.

There's a list of binary prefixes at
<http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html>.

--
Jack Hamilton
Management Information & Analysis - Analytic Information Services

NOTE:  This email document and attachments are covered by CA Evidence Code
§1157 and CA Health and Safety Code §1370.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or
disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or
saving them.  Thank you.

"Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" <shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
12/12/2008 08:30 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [IBM-MAIN] Display Active Users panel (DA)

In <5411f4eec9c68f4ca6f78821e685165a02612...@htxmail.jhacorp.com>, on
12/11/2008
at 09:10 AM, Hal Merritt <hmerr...@jackhenry.com> said:

>So a display of 22T would be = 22 * 4096 / 1,000 = 90,112 bytes?

No, it would be 22 * 4096 * 1,000 = 90,112,000 bytes.

>And, since 1 K is most often defined as 1024 in this context,

It's about time for IBM to start paying attention to the correct
definitions of the SI units and to use Ki if they mean 1024.