I made some improvement.  I've found varying places where it says what the
RACF userid should be.  I've tried anonymou, anonymo, anonymos.  Each ended
still not asking for a password.  So then I tried changing the FTP.DATA from
ANONYMOUS
ANONYMOUS  ANONYMO      <-- the current RACF id I had defined,
This then prompted me for a password,  but an email address fails.

Still reading and trying.

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:46 PM, John McKown <joa...@swbell.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:09:35 -0500, Mark Pace <mpac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >John -
> >Where did you find this information?
> >I've searched the entire IP configuration guide and have not seen this.
> >

> Configuration REFERENCE
>
> http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/F1A1B471/2.12.7
>
> watch for any wrap!
>
> <quote>
> If you specify ANONYMOUS without a user ID:
>
>    * The user ID ANONYMOUS must be defined and must have a z/OS UNIX
> segment defined or defaulted.
>
>    * The end user is not prompted for a password.
>
>    * If you are using the FTCHKPWD user exit, the exit is called with user
> ID = 'ANONYMO' and password = '*'.
>
>    * If ANONYMOUSLEVEL 3 is specified and the FTP server prompts the FTP
> client for an e-mail address, a third field and a note field is passed to
> the FTCHKPWD exit. The note field contains the e-mail address entered by
> the
> FTP client.
>
>    * The initial working directory is 'ANONYMO.' or the home directory for
> the ANONYMO user ID , depending upon the setting of the STARTDIRECTORY
> FTP.DATA statement.
>
>    * If you are using RACF, a user who logs in as 'anonymous' has access to
> any resources accessible to the ANONYMO user ID.
> </quote>
>
> --
> John

Mark Pace