We are a z/OS shop and I have a problem. For years we would order a new
version of software I would lay it down,get an iplable test system and then get
(hire) help  to setup a production system and move catalogs,data and general
upgrade things.
Well I order z/OS1.7(we are a 1.6 shop) and there was a problem with the
order. Management cut several things out like cobol, ispf and few minor
players. So i scrapped the order and told management about the problem.
By the time everything was solved they were at v1.9. Also I was told no help
this time do it by myself(I am a 1 man shop z890/110) and according to IBM
there is no upgrade path to 1.9 or 1.10 which is what I would go to.
So I am wondering is there some kind of roadmap to get to were I need to be?
I can hack my way through just about anything.
thanks in advance

Mace