Hi:

The situation here is that the mainframe is being phased out (estimates are
that it will be gone by the end of 2010). Expenditures on hardware and software
are being curtailed as the workload migrates to the servers.

We have an STK silo supporting virtual tape with VSM 3, which is no longer
supported after the end of the year. The upgrade to VSM 4 is very expensive and
not going to be done. The alternatives seem to be: find someone to support VSM
3 on a per-call basis or find another method of providing virtual tape.

I'm looking for the alternate method. We have DFSMS and CA-1. I understand that
SMS has a virtual tape capability, but want to know if anyone has ever
implemented SMS-managed virtual tape with CA-1. Is it possible? If so, where
might I go for implementation information?

Mike Myers
z/OS System Programmer
Pitt County Memorial Hospital

The contents of this e-mail (and any attachments) are confidential, may be
privileged and may contain copyright material. You may only reproduce or
distribute material if you are expressly authorized by us to do so. If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email (and
any attachments) is unauthorized. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender and immediately delete this e-mail and any copies of
it from your system.