Close

OK, so catching up on everyone else's posts, that means I need STP for:

Sysplex beyond a single CEC
*Getting time from an NTP server*
Clock Steering

I was under the apparently mistaken impression that HMC/SE could step
time
to synch with the periodic dial-out, and subsequently z/OS could be
stepped
to synch with HMC/SE.  This wasn't possible prior to STP or 9037?

As mentioned you can set time automatically via dialup with the HMC, but
there is no steering.

On the other hand, I do NOT need STP for:

Monoplex
Dial-out to ETS
*Acting as an NTP server to the chicken-plex* - not necessarily the best
idea if no clock steering
Dave Jousma
Assistant Vice President, Mainframe Services
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB1G
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.8497