From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Parin Gangar
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 11:08 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: How to calculate size of a PS dataset

Hi,

I need to calculate the size of a dataset in Megabytes / Gigabytes. I cannot
download the file and check the same as I know the file size would be over 50
GB and I don't want to fill up my hard disk.

The dataset has following details -

Device type . . . . :,3390
Record format . . . :,FB
Record length . . . :,1526
Block size  . . . . :,7630
1st extent tracks . :,15000
Secondary tracks  . :,1500

Current Allocation,
,Allocated tracks  . :,297,141
,Allocated extents . :,190
, ,
, ,
Current Utilization,
,Used tracks . . . . :,297,141
,Used extents  . . . :,190

I tried searching this on Google, but didn't get anything. I know that there is
some formula for this.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Parin