On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:38:36 +0100, Hunkeler Peter (KIUK 3)
<peter.hunke...@credit-suisse.com> wrote:

Samples are just that.  They aren't indicative of the best way to do something.
But good samples are better than bad samples.  :-)

>What (advantage) am I missing?

Being able to execute the process from an operator console as if it were
a built-in operator command.  Even if you can't get onto TSO.    I'm
talking in general terms here... not in reference to that sample in
particular since I didn't look at it closely.

>Is anybody using System REXX? If so, what for?

Not really.. only played with it.  I am using a "EXTSO" exec to be able to
issue a TSO command from the console.  This is same thing Ed Jaffe was
doing with TSOCMD (I think that is what he called it) ... or TSOX.  Search
the archives.

It could be used for health checks. There have been some SHARE sessions
on this.

Personally, until there is a supported / alternate "STORAGE" function that
I can use, I probably won't be doing much with it.    Console automation
packages can be used instead.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden