Hi List,

We are Z10 with Zos 1.9 shop.
We recently had a major logic error with DB2 catalog which
led us to think how can we prepare and recover quickly in the
event of any (not just DB2) logical error
(In this case the PPRC / HRC copy of the data won't help since the
  error was replicated).

The solution we are thinking about is using a full data copy periodically
let's say every 12 hours (using tools like Hitachi HUR)
and in the event of a major problem we can IPL from the copy
made up to 12 hours ago (and then perform forward recovery)

Questions:
1. Does any of your organizations use a solution similar to this?
2. What solutions your organization use for recovering from
    a logical error.

Thanks in advanced.
Magen.