From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:06 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Auditors (was: Survey says...)

>I guess our mangement forgot to read the definitions. And come to think
of it, that has been true in every shop I've seen.

Yes. But, who carries the hammer?

>Audits, especially external audits, carry a lot of weight.  The
enforcement does not come from the auditors, but the audits do not seem
to be questioned.

Then your company is missing something in due diligence.
Any finding can (and, sometimes must) be questioned.
If not, due diligence arises again (or wimpiness).

>And the audit groups seem to have their own SME which in some cases
really stretch the definition of "expert".

Again, due diligence.
Accept bad findings, curl up your toes, go belly-up and 6 feet under, or
fight back and defend your position and job.
If you're going to lose it fighting, you're probably going to lose it
accepting.

If they're accurate, suck it up and accept.

An audit finding is not necessarily gospel!

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!

intended
information.